|Racine Families' Association|
This commemorative plaque, placed on the outside wall of the chapel, is a tribute to our ancestor Etienne Racine and his wife Marguerite Martin. They lived and died at Ste-Anne-de-Beaupré.
The plaque was unveiled in 1988 by Alexandre and Adrien Racine, long time farmers of the town. The ceremony took place in the presence of many Racine family members, and other guests who attended the mass in the Basilica to celebrate the first Racine Family Association reunion.
The actual memorial chapel, also named commemorative or old church, was built in 1877 with demolished materials from the third church (1676-1876).
It is worth remembering that the first church, built in 1658, the second one (1661-1672), and the third one (1676-1876) were successively the places of worship of our ancestor Etienne Racine and his Family.