The World Association of Laporte's & St-Georges is a
non-profit organization incorporated in
Montreal in August 1993.
Its Founder and President until 1999 was Mr Baxter D. Laporte.
From 1999 to 2003, the presidency was held by Mrs CÚline St-Georges, then by Mrs
Gabrielle St-Georges. Mr Laporte was re-elected President again in 2003.|
The Association held its first "founding" general assembly in August
1994 with 52 persons attending. See photos
The first family reunion took place on September 23, 1995 in Joliette,
Quebec with 202 participants.
Since then, there has been a
reunion every year in the fall.
The Association's main objectives are as follows:
- Bring together Laporte & St-Georges families by periodically and at least annually organizing regional and national meetings.
- Publish a bimonthly bulletin with information of interest to its members.
- Assist members in their genealogical research with the help of the Association's archives.
- Maintain a computerized up-to-date data bank of Laporte / St-Georges descendants in North America.
- Research and document the Laporte / St-Georges family history.
- Maintain and index all available written, photographic and other archives attesting to the authenticity of the Association's genealogical data.
- Periodically publish a genealogical "dictionary" of Laporte / St-Georges in our data bank.
- Promote communication and meetings between Laporte / St-Georges with common ancestors in Quebec, in Canada and the U.S., and in other countries, notably by the organization of group trips in France and elsewhere.
If you are a member of the Association and wish to participate more
actively in its organization, please let us know by filling out the
"Your participation is needed".